The Governors of Old Sarum Primary School are looking to appoint a permanent, full-time Class Teacher, NQTs are welcome to apply. The successful candidate will be talented, motivated and demonstrate good teaching skills. This is a great opportunity to join a popular growing school. We offer a supportive and professional environment in which we all learn and progress as part of a happy and successful team. Please identify your preferred key stage on your application.
This is an exciting period in the school’s development. We are rated as a good school and we are expanding, due to substantial new housing developments in our area.
We believe that if children feel happy and safe, have fair and consistent discipline, and enjoy their learning, they will be successful. We place a strong commitment on developing the emotional literacy of every child. We aim to provide a stimulating learning environment, where children receive praise and clear guidance about what they have done well and what their next steps are.
The successful candidate must be fully committed to supporting our ethos.We are looking for a Class Teacher who can engage pupils with a dynamic and exciting approach. You will have a good understanding of the primary curriculum and will be able to encourage pupils to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The successful candidate will -
- Be an inspirational teacher who promotes high expectations of every child’s academic and emotional development.
- Have the aptitude to work well in a team to support the school’s ethos and improvement objectives.
- Enjoy making learning fun to enable every child to be a successful lifelong learner.
- Share our vision to create an outstanding school.
We can offer you -
- A happy and highly motivated team that creates a family environment where all pupils feel safe and well cared for.
- A good school – Ofsted inspection 2017
- A school committed to the highest standards of safeguarding and welfare for all our pupils.
- A modern, spacious and wonderfully equipped working environment. Our school opened in 2011 and doubled in size in 2017.
- We provide excellent induction, training and professional development.
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): 9am on Tuesday 16th June 2020
Interview date: Monday 22nd June 2020
Commencement date: 1st September 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.