Family Support Advisor
My name is Danielle Brignall and I am the Parent Support Adviser (PSA) for Old Sarum Primary School. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting you and your child/children through their schooling journeys.
Before becoming a Parent Support Advisor I specialised in behavior change for P.H.E. I enjoy fitness, biscuits, socialising and spending time with my son William who is 6.
What can I offer?
I can offer help and support to parents about any worries that may be causing concern for you or your child during their time at school. PSA's work in partnership with parents and the schools their children attend. I will be working closely with your child's school, but as a PSA I am not a member of the teaching staff. I can provide confidential support, guidance and information about services in the local area.
I don't claim to have all the answers but I might be able to help you find the right advice, support or help.
How can I help you?
- Provide a listening ear for your worries
- Help you talk to your child's teacher or school
- Offer guidance about behaviour problems
- Give support and advice on starting school and moving on to secondary school
- Gain access to information about other difficulties you may be having such as money worries, relationships, health and more
- Family learning
- Signpost you to other services
Helping you to help your child
- Perhaps you need talking to your child’s teacher or school
- Maybe your child is behaving in a way you don't like or feel unable handle
- It could be that as a family you are experiencing difficulties.
Are you struggling to get your child to school on time?
If your child arrives late for class, they miss out on important learning, which could effect their achievement. If you like some tips on how to arrive on time then please come and have a chat