Tiger Moths and Pipers 2019-2020
Welcome to our Reception class page, scroll down for many examples of life in Tiger Moths and Pipers at Old Sarum Primary School and also for some helpful resources.
Meet Pipers class!
Meet Tigermoths class!
Here is the curriculum overview for Autumn term 2. A copy was also sent home with your child.
We have been enjoying our new bikes, trikes and sliders!
Here is the curriculum overview for Autumn term 1. A copy was also sent home with your child.
Welcome to Old Sarum Primary School. We hope you had a lovely summer holiday. The children are settling in well and making lots of new friends across the two classes. This year Miss Apps is teaching in Pipers class with Miss Beal and Mrs Butler is teaching in Tiger Moths and we are welcoming Ms Roches to the team.
Parents , Just a few reminders about the first couple of weeks:
- Week one is mornings only, collection is at 12.00 from our Early Years outdoor area
- Week two the children will be staying for lunch as well, this can be a free school lunch or they can bring their own packed lunch if you prefer. No sweets or chocolate please and we are a nut free school as we have children with serious nut allergies. Collection is at 1.00 from our Early Years outdoor area
- Week three the children can stay all day and collection will be at 3.15 from the Early years outdoor area.
- This year parents may wait the Early Years outdoor area when collecting their children, however we would politely ask that younger siblings and the children in the classes do not play on or with the play equipment in the area as this will have been reset for the next day and is not necessarily appropriate for younger children. If this is a problem for them then please wait outside the area and we will send your child to you there.
- During week one the children are more than welcome to start coming in from 8.30 as this will alleviate any rushes and ensure we can welcome the children individually. After the first week please wait outside the Early Years Outdoor Area and we will open the gate at 8.45.
- PLEASE ensure that all clothing/bags are labelled as this can cause unnecessary distress to the children if they lose sweatshirts etc.
- Please ensure your child has a PE kit (all named) and a named and filled water bottle they can bring in and take home daily.
Below are the parent information power points. They detail what your child will be learning this year and how they will be learning it. They also provide some helpful tips on how you can help at home and what you can do to help support your child in this very important year.
As promised, here is the parent induction PowerPoint.
|parent induction powerpoint.pptx||Download|