Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means a school can use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example school can use the funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Old Sarum Primary School aims to increase PE participation and enjoyment for all pupils, increase the coaching/teaching competence of class teachers, offer a greater range of sports activities (often led by specialist coaches) and fund inter-school sports competitions. We have also continued to fund ‘Change4Life’ activities. We hope that the activities and resources that we fund through the School Sports Grant will support a sustainable improvement in PE teaching and pupil participation in sport.
As a school we complete a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) to determine how best to spend this money to improve PE and Sports at Old Sarum Primary School. We have used the money to improve the areas outlined in this review.
SPORTS GRANT 2019 - 2020 OLD SARUM PRIMARY SCHOOL IMPACT REPORT
This area will show all documents uploaded to the '/docs/KEY_INFO/SPORTS_PREMIUM' folder.
Documents in folders containing the word 'letter' or 'minute' are listed in the order they were uploaded, most recent upload at the top. Otherwise, documents are listed alphabetically.