Old Sarum Primary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Who we are and what we do:
The Old Sarum Primary School PTA is a newly-registered charity (number: 1201550, https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/5199239) and a group of volunteer parents and teachers who work (hard!) together to put on memorable events for the children and their families, whilst engaging with, and improving relations with the local community. We aim to raise essential funds for purchasing material improvements in the school to enhance the physical school area and learning environment for all who attend. We have recently been responsible for funding the new playground markings from the very successful community summer fête (July 2022) and funded the 2022 Christmas pantomime and accompanying refreshments for the children. We also supplied refreshments for their adults (via a very generous donation from the local Co-Op!) when attending the Key Stage 1 Nativity performances.
We hold committee meetings termly, to plan and organise future fundraising events. Our next meeting is our termly committee meeting, which is due to be held on: Friday 12th January 2024 @ 6pm at Dark Revolution. Details are also on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/OldSarumPrimaryPTA. You can contact us by messenger to clarify any details or please do approach us in the playground/ school as we will be wearing our PTA lanyards on drop-off and pick-up to ensure visibility to all.
We are always keen to welcome new people and their ideas for how to raise funds and how they can be spent, to the team (committee or simply event helpers) and would be delighted to hear from anyone that can spare a few hours throughout the year to help. Please contact us via the Facebook page above or email: email@example.com.
Officers and Charity Trustees:
Chair: Kathryn Sloanes
Deputy Chair: Lisa Clarke
Treasurer: Pippa Alford
Secretary: Julia Aley
Parent Committee Members:
Teacher Committee Members:
Miss Rachael Dodd, Miss Jess Jarvis, Miss Rebecca Oakley.
Next Events (Winter Term):
- Christmas Pantomime (in school): Monday 4th December 2023, with free refreshments from the PTA (donations welcome to cover costs)
- St. Thomas's Christmas Tree Festival: Tuesday 5th - Sunday 10th December 2023
- Christmas Jumper Day: Thursday 7th December 2023. Suggested donation of £2, or whatever you can afford, to take part.
- Christmas Crazy Hair Day - Tuesday 19th December 2023. Suggested donation £1 per child
- Christmas Meal - Tuesday 19th December, with crackers provided by the PTA
Christmas Pantomime: Monday 4th December 2023
Will be performed in the school for all children (over 2 sessions) with free refreshments for all provided by the PTA (including bagged popcorn and fruit shoots); donations welcome.
St. Thomas's Christmas Tree Festival: Tuesday 5th - Sunday 10th December 2023
Our tree will be on display at St. Thomas's Church (St Thomas Square, Salisbury, SP1 1BA) with the children’s baubles on it, which they will colour and create in class the week before. The designs are of the aeroplanes which each class is named after. Come along to see if you can spot your child’s and get in the Christmas mood!
Christmas Jumper Day: Thursday 7th December 2023 in aid of Save The Children
Children are encouraged to wear a Christmas jumper (only; the rest of uniform is required) to school and bring a suggested donation of £2 (or whatever you can afford) to support Save The Children. If you need a jumper, consider donating/ exchanging your pre-loved ones for a new-to-you one. The PTA will be accepting donations into the school reception until Friday 1st December and then pick up will be from Monday 4th December until the morning of the 7th December.
Christmas Crazy Hair and meal day: Tuesday 19th December 2023
Children are encouraged to come up with unique and amazing Christmassy hairstyles (only; the rest of the uniform is required) for a suggested donation of £1 to the PTA. The Christmas meal will be at lunchtime in the school hall the same day with crackers donated by the PTA.
Full events calendar for 23/24:
Thank you so much to all families for your continued support in helping to raise vital funds for the school. Despite a very turbulent academic year (2022/23) for the governance in both the school and the PTA itself, we still managed to raise over £1,000 in profit and put on a very full and varied events calendar, which helped contribute greatly to the school calendar and its community. We look forward to seeing you at our planned events and to any suggestions you may have as to how the funds we raise can be spent. Also, a huge thank-you to St. Nicholas CofE Primary School Porton for their very generous donation of their pre-loved stage, which was delivered to the school on Monday, 25th September (thanks to Maria and the Salisbury Foodbank for her help and the loan of the van!) and can be used for future performances in the school! This is hugely appreciated as was near top of our 'wish-list'.
Thanks so much to Bam's Grill and Gemma Tonks for inviting us to be the recipients of the funds raised from their Halloween themed quiz on Saturday night (28th October). We are most grateful and the money raised will be much-appreciated in our future projects, including the protective sails for the playground and development of a garden area.
Disco 'Thank Yous':
Many thanks to Disco Dion for another fantastic evening; he was exceptional as always! Thank you so much to the parents and staff who so willingly gave up their free time to ensure that the event went ahead and was such as success as usual. Last, but by no means least, thank you to the children and their parents for their excellent behaviour and manners and supporting our event, to enable us to fund future projects for their benefit. We raised over £400 in profit, which we will be aiming to put towards further enhancing the outdoor area with sun shades and a garden area. If you have any other suggestions, please do contact us to let us know your ideas.
- Easyfundraising: we have signed up as an Easyfundraising cause, this is an platform/ app which donates a percentage of what you spend to a cause of your choice, without costing you anything extra. If you make a purchase through them, a commission is generated, and they turn that into a donation for our cause. Please do sign up to help support us in this way. Find out more here: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/how-it-works/?efr_source=website&efr_medium=easyfundraising&efr_campaign=header-navigation
- An exciting update is we now have a card reader to accept electronic payments at our events, subject to decent wifi/ mobile connectivity. Our preference is always for cash, but we understand that in these days of electronic payments it is easy to be caught without and this will hopefully help.
- Hopefully you have spotted and responded to our recent surveys regarding PTA funds and how they can be spent and how the disco events coud be improved; if you haven't they can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RM6VFSL?fbclid=IwAR1owrM5OIpX6-N-sNo_F3ovaKEXvfXZOEuwTjzt6ygVGxBpe2hgjoYDP08 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZBYFWV6?fbclid=IwAR1U5xB_mwt0GnWNnM6m2lzpmJY4FGmOUqwD50Eo-KhrIlZUzfOoxdiHbRg Don't miss this chance to have YOUR say.
If you are looking to order name labels, please consider using MyNametags. The school's ID number is: 104980 and is detailed on the poster below and should be entered at checkout. It doesn’t cost you anything extra but the school will receive 24% of the cost of each order!
- Chairs Report 22-23
- Charity Commission Certificate reg no 1201550
- PTA Accounts 2022-2023
- PTA Committee Meeting Tues 26 Sept 2023
- PTA Constitution Nov 22
- Treasurers Report 22-23
- Welcome letter to new parents Sept 2023